Relationships Part 1

Hey Everyone,

So I am back at school and I had my first week of classes. They were good but the week was pretty rough. Why you may ask? My boyfriend and I broke up on Monday. I was heartbroken of course. But now it has almost been a week and I have finally figured out everything in my head and I am here to share it all with you. You might have noticed that it says part 1 on the top and that is because I cannot tell you about this whole thing in one post and in one day. It is going to take time and a few posts. Alright so back to the blog :). 

Everyone is more than a relationship. We are more than one single person defining who We are. We define ourselves. No one else. I know that a person is not a number but a relationship is. A relationship is time. I was with my boyfriend for 7 months. That is a long time for me. So yeah it was a big deal for me. It was hard when we broke up but nothing in life is perfect. Which is why you shouldn't expect yourself to be perfect nor should you expect a relationship to be perfect cause its not. It isn't possible. But that does not mean that you shouldn't be hurt when something like this happens. I was a wreck when it happened. Ask any of my friends. But I know that this could not have been easy for him. I know that he didn't want to hurt me and I respect that. No matter what, I will still love him because he was my best friend at first. I truly care about his happiness. So yea it did hurt but I am going to be ok. Because like all of you I am more than a relationship. 

I know that stuff like losing a friend or a boyfriend can be really hard. I know that. But it does get better. This week was full of highs and lows but slowly I had more highs. It all cannot be fixed in a week but this week has shown me that it does get better. It is important to remember all of the important people in your life. Friends, family etc. They are always there to help you move on and focusing on the beauty of life is so important. The picture below is my first solo picture of me being single. It is my reminder that I can and am and will be happy being single. 

Remember you are more than a number. More than a relationship. More than labels. You define yourself and don't let anyone else try and do that. 

That is all I have for now but there will be another Relationships post coming soon.    

Comments