Why I Am Staying Single For Now

Hey Everyone,

My Name is Roisin and I am a very happy single lady :). LoL sorry couldn't help it. But that statement is true. My name is Roisin and I am a very happy single lady. 

Ok, I would like to clarify two things. First, there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship. I loved being in a relationship but it's a completely different experience than a person who is single. Second, I will admit that after my breakup, I was in my friend, Mona's, room crying and wondering what to do now. Mona looked me in my slightly puffy eyes and told me something very important- "It's hard now, but are going to love being single". Of course, I nodded and said ok but I didn't believe her. Not in the slightest. But after a few weeks, I started to believe her. I love being single and I had some great memories as a single lady. So going into this new semester, I am going to not only stay single, but I am going to love it! So why am I making this statement of how I am going to stay single? Well, let me tell you.  

1. I get to focus on myself and my crazy schedule. I am a very busy person to begin with. I have class, SGA, HerCampus, Colleges Against Cancer, Music Lessons, and a lot of other random things that I need to do every week. I sometimes go over a week without really seeing my friends-how would I manage a relationship? Along with that, I have never spent a lot of time focusing on myself. I tend to dedicate a lot of time on making sure other people are ok. Which is a great thing to do but I also need to be able to focus on myself. I did that a little this semester and I ended up signing up for a lot of things and learning a lot about myself. I can't wait to see what else I will learn.  


 2. I am considering studying abroad Fall Semester of 2016. Now, I don't know about you but I for one do not want to start a relationship when I am about to go off to another country for a few months. It just does not seem practical in my mind. Also, I don't want to be always trying to connect back with the USA while I'm off in a new country (Don't get me wrong I love all you guys, but I will not be blogging or updating Facebook or whatever 24/7.) It's not practical in my mind. Maybe if this was a different time in the year or something but my mind would probably still be set. 
3. I love to go out and have fun and just be carefree and a little crazy! I am not trying to say that being in a relationship holds you back from having fun or anything. All I am saying is that for me I would probably be wondering what the other person is doing and would probably be texting them while I was out. But now? I get to go out to dances and events and night outs and just be me and free and just have fun. Which is one of the main points of college. To have fun! Having fun while being single is just such a different feeling than when you are in a relationship. I can't fully explain it. 

4. My final reason and most important reason to be single right now is based on my faith. I know that God does not want me to be in a relationship right now. It is not in his plan. God wants me to take time and figure out what I want to do for myself in a person, academic, and career level. How do I know this? Well, to my knowledge there are no boys knocking on my door or calling me up asking for a date. Frankly, I am completely ok with that because when the time is right, I will know. But for now God's plan is for me to do what I love, be around be I love, and love myself. Which is a lot for a person to do! 

Again, I will say I love being single and for now I will be single! So, for all of you readers, remember everything happens for a reason and it will all work out. So just love what is the present and go from there! Ciao mis amores!

Comments