You Are More Than Your Past Part 2/Relationships Part 3

Hey Everyone,


So lately I have been thinking about choices I made last year and how I am now. Which is not a healthy thing to do. Because I can't change anything I did. I can't undo the choices I made or not go to the parties I went to. Because it already happened. All you can do is act on what is here and now.


I know that I have regrets in life. I wish I had gotten that outfit or that I hadn't said that one thing. I wish I had looked for him at that party instead of just asking around for him. In my head I rationalize this with maybe we would still be together or things would be different. But unless you know someone has a time machine that they want to make available to the public, there is no point in regretting and asking what if. Because it will just keep you in the present and not help you move on.


You are more than your choices, relationships, grades, everything. Don't let them hold you back or define you (unless you have killed 5 people then we should have a talk) :) . Instead, make it a learning experience. For example, last year I decided to sign up for every club that I could join (including College Democrats and College Republicans without knowing it) and filled up my schedule to the point that I had no time. So I decided to only do a select few that I really care about. When it comes to my past relationships, I am done trying to figure out what went wrong or what I could do differently. Instead, I use it to know what I want in a relationship. I know what qualities I like (dedication) and what I find unattractive or I just cannot associate myself with (smoking). I know what classes I enjoy and what I do not enjoy which helps me with deciding on classes for my major. 


You can make anything a learning experience instead of a regret. Because you can't change it and it will not define you unless you let it. So embrace your story because it is unique like you. Make it your own and do not let people try and control you with it. You have the power. 

You are more. You are more than a number. You are more than a RELATIONSHIP. You are more than your PAST. You are more than a stereotype. You are more than judgement. You are more. <3

Comments