4 Down 4 To Go!

Hey Everyone!


Well...I DID IT! haha I finished Sophomore Year and I am still kicking <3.  In all seriousness though I did finish like months ago and then I ran away to Australia haha sorry. This semester and year have both been some pretty interesting times. You have the usual college drama (ie roommate arguments, heartbreak, group projects, lack of sleep etc) but then there was also some life changing things about this semester and this year that I would like to reflect upon. <3



Here is a video of my past year at CUA!

So what are some of the amazingly amazing things have happened this semester you may ask? Well let me share with you. Instead of first going over first semester again, I have provided a link for your enjoyment!

  1. First semester, sophomore year: http://empowermentandfreedom.blogspot.com/2016/01/3-down-5-to-go-part-1.html
  2. I lived with some amazing girls. I had an amazing time living with Sara, Lilly, Emma, and Steph and all the other honorary members of 509 :). I swear there was never a quiet moment in that sweet and I would not have had it any other way. Whether it was me and Emma having random laugh attacks or Sara asking me if I really did what I said I did, there was a lot of love in the suite. I really miss living with all of you lovely ladies and I hope you have an amazing semester without me (not possible I know).
  3. I hosted a Bone Marrow Registry Drive. I worked with my Co-Senator, Jessie, to help over 100 people register to be Bone Marrow Donors. It was an amazing day and I possibly stayed up for like 36 hours. I can't really describe what it was like to know how I helped change someone's life. But being able to watch all those people register, was extraordinary. 
  4. I got accepted to study abroad in AUSTRALIA. I know that is pretty self explanatory. But come on I'm in BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA right now. It is pretty lit Emma Cooley :p. 
  5. I went on Habitat for Humanity. Instead of going home or somewhere super glamorous (like LA aka home) I decided to go to Des Moines, Iowa for a week. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I went there with 18 other amazing people and Mrs. Garvey, the wife of the President of our school. I got to help change some special people's lives and my life was also changed. I learned a lot about myself and others. Most of the people on my trip started off as strangers but they quickly became family to me. I could not have asked for a better group of people to have that experience with. 
  6. I was secretary of CUAllies. CUAllies is an amazing organization that is making a huge mark at CUA. Being able to be a part of that has really helped me grow and understand a lot about the LGBTQ+ community. Also, it helped me watch other people grow and make a mark in other people's lives. 
  7. I was asked to sing at the NCSSS mass. I know that this does not sound like a big thing but being asked to sing at the mass by the Dean of Social Work, was amazing! I loved being able to combine my faith, talent, and passion for Social Work one night and share it with people that I love. 
  8. I helped #RockTheBoat with the SGA Elections. In about 48 hours, I helped get Kristina and Lauren elected as Pres and VP of SGA. It was a whirlwind few days and it definitely was not easy but it was so so worth it. I could not believe it when they won but I am proud to say that they were and that I helped them get there. <3 Love you ladies. 
  9. I PASSED MY PHILOSOPHY CLASS. No explanation needed. 

I know that there are no obvious life changing events on here but all of the things I listed were pretty big deals for me (even Philosophy). I am so blessed to go to CUA and I can't wait to see where my life takes me after Australia. 

Stay tuned for my next post about loving yourself!

Ciao mis amores <3

Comments