Grow Up and Move On

Hey Everyone!

I know it has been forever since I updated this but don't worry!! I'M BACK!!! I hope you missed me :).

Here is today's post!

I noticed lately that I have been thinking about the past a lot. And while that can be a positive and healthy thing, it can also lead to negative ideas. Ideas like "I should have done this" or "Why did this happen". Ideas like that are not things that should be going on in my head or anyone else's. Because ideas like that lead to regret and anxiety. No one needs that type of burden in their lives. I certainly don't want it in my life and I knew if I continued on that path, I would attain that burden. 

So, I wrote a letter to myself. I didn't send it to myself or anything, I just wrote it and then tore it up. The point of me doing that wasn't to waste paper or to pass time. It was to move on. From the parts of the past that I needed to let go of. From the 'regrets' that I may have been holding onto. Because I don't need that in my life and neither do you. 



Your past is not who you are. I mean I can't lie and say that it has absolutely no say in anything in your life. Because it does sometimes speak to your character etc. However, it is not a definition of who you are. Mistakes are just that, mistakes. Regrets are formed by other people's opinions and judgments. You may think that these negativities follow you for the rest of your life. But I am here to tell you that that is not the case. You can move on from mistakes, bad occurrences, basically everything. You just need to want it and make it happen.



I do want it. And I want to make it happen for myself. My goal is to continue being the person that I want to be. I want to grow more into the positive, strong, independent, and loving young woman that my parents, friends, and strangers have seen. I want to do the things that I wanna do. I know that saying all of this is easy and doing it can be hard. But that does not mean that it is impossible. 

I am not going to ignore who I am or how I got there. But I am going to let it be a part of me instead of a definition of who I am. I am not going to let the negativity define me because I am proud of who I am. I am going to try and prove all of this through my future blog posts. I am here today to tell you that I am done being negative and dwelling on the past because I am too busy focusing on the future. 

Don't focus on mistakes. Don't live with regret. Don't let negativity take over your life. Because I am not going to.

Ciao mis amores!!  


Comments