What does it mean to be Beautiful, Sexy, Perfect?

Everyday I hear girls say that they want to be beautiful, sexy, or perfect. Even I find myself saying stuff like that all the time. But now I am wondering what does all of that even mean or look like? Because even if I lose weight and clear my acne, I'm still unhappy with my looks at times. So how do you define beauty, sexy, or perfection? Because you don't learn that in school. You don't learn the meanings. So I first decided to look at a dictionary and see if I could find some answers. This is what I found.

Beauty: the quality of being physically attractive; the qualities in a person or a thing that give pleasure to the senses or the mind; a beautiful woman


Sexy: sexually appealing, attractive, or exciting; having interesting or appealing qualities


Perfection: the state or condition of being perfect; the act of making something perfect or better; the act of perfecting something; something that cannot be improved; something that is perfect


Ok so that basically got me nowhere. I mean these definitions have those three words in the definitions. They give a weird outline to who people are and they avoid the answer. How does that give anyone an answer? So next, I looked up pictures because I thought that would a good example of these three words. 




Beautiful 

I am not posting an example of sexy because I don't want half naked pictures on my blog. But the pictures were models in their underwear. 

Perfection

Ok so that doesn't help either because the pictures were either of places or inanimate objects or of people who are half naked. I have no answers for myself or anyone else. Because of this I decided to talk to my friend Cecilia about all this. Cecilia has a truly real and beautiful outlook on life. She makes me feel confident and happy by just being around her. Here is what she gave me.

Beautiful: Not necessarily someone who is pleasing aesthetically to the eye, but rather a person who is confident and comfortable with themselves and accepts others the way they accept themselves

Sexy: Someone who is 10x more comfortable in their own skin compared to someone who is beautiful. It isn't someone who is slutty. Sexy can be a positive thing because it means that a person is expressing themselves in an open way.

Perfect: An unrealistic standard that people set for themselves. 'No one is flawless, no matter how hard people try and that's okay. Because as cliché as it sounds, we really all are unique and that's what makes the world interesting.'

Ok why aren't those descriptions online or in a dictionary? Those are the answers we all need because they are real and honest. They are from a human being. A teenaged college girl. This is what people need to hear and read. So what can we all take from this? Basically, three main things. 1. Beauty is more than physicality, it is what makes people unique and different from others. It could be a smile, eyes, or their energy. 2. Sexy is how one presents and holds themselves in confidence. I think this goes along with the saying "Fake it until you make it". 3. Perfection is not something that can be achieved because no one is perfect. That is what makes our world different in a good way. 

So, we should not be aiming for beauty, sexy, or perfection necessarily. People should be aiming for happiness, confidence, and acceptance. Because we can all be those things but still be unique. That is what's important. After achieving that, then people can look at being beautiful and sexy. Keep in mind that everyone is beautiful and being sexy comes from being confident. Also, people can't be defined or labeled. So don't look for people to define and label you. Look for people who make you feel that without having to say it. Because you are loved, you are beautiful, you are unique, and you are more than a label.  

Comments